I am continuously looking for good people to join my research group, at all levels: undergraduate students, M.S students, Ph.D. students, Postdocs, or research programmers.
Before getting in touch, read a list of research topics that I am interested in. This list is not exhaustive, though. Students are welcome to bring their own research topic.
If you still want to apply, I strongly recommend you to talk with some of my previous students (to understand our dynamics and expectations).
There are some basic skills and requirements you should carefully consider before applying for a urop/master/PhD position under my supervision.
The most important skill is to answer email quickly. From Monday to Friday, I’d expect that an email should be answered in at most 24 hours. If you do not use email frequently (e.g., once a day), please do not apply for any position with me.
Work is not your life, so I expect students to pursue a personal life. I do not expect any email to be answered during the Weekends.
There are some also additional important skills (in no priority order):
- learn how to use svn and git
- learn how to write in LaTeX
- learn how to use the command line
- learn how to program, preferably in some scripting programming languages.
- read at least a couple of scientific papers
- be comfortable writing in English
- Fernando Kamei (PhD, co-supervised with Sergio Soares, UFPE)
- Gilson Rocha (MS)
- Marcos Nazario (MS)
- Thiago Benício (UROP)
- Marcos Costa (UROP)
- Renan Ramos (UROP)
- Leonardo Furtado (UROP)