I am continuously looking for good people to join my research group, at all levels: undergraduate students, M.S students, Ph.D. students, Postdocs, or research programmers.
Before getting in touch, read a list of research topics that I am interested in. This list is not exhaustive, though. Students are welcome to bring their own research topic.
There are some basic skills and requirements you should carefully consider before applying for a master/PhD position under my supervision. Here is some advice (in no priority order):
- learn how to use svn and git
- learn how to write in LaTeX
- learn how to use the command line
- learn how to program, preferably in some scripting and low level languages.
- read at least a couple of scientific papers in your fields of interest
- be comfortable speaking and writing in English
I am privileged to work with the following talented students:
- Bruno Cartaxo (Ph.D., co-supervised with Sergio Soares, UFPE)
- Fernando Kamei (Ph.D., co-supervised with Sergio Soares, UFPE)
- Welder Luz (M.S., co-supervised with Rodrigo Bonifácio, UNB)
- Gilson Rocha (M.S.)
- Marcos Nazario (M.S.)
- Benito Fernandes (M.S., co-supervised with Fernando Castor, UFPE)