Dr. Gustavo Pinto is an assistant professor at the Federal University of Pará (UFPA), Brazil. Dr. Pinto holds a PhD in Software Engineering from the Informatics Center at the Federal University of Pernambuco (UFPE). He works in intersection between people and code, and has published over 70 research papers, which were cited over 1,000 times. He is a CNPq researcher (level 2). Since 2020, he is serving as a (co-)Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Software Engineering Research and Development (JSERD).
- He has 1,000+ citations, according to Google Scholar (h-index: 17).
- He (co-)authored 70+ research papers in peer reviewed conferences and journals.
- His work o DevOps adoption was named the paper of the year (over 1,200 submissions) by the staff of the Journal of Systems and Software.
- His work on energy-aware developers is the most cited Brazilian software engineering paper indexed by CSIndexBR, during the 2013–2018 time window.
- He won three best papers awards (ICSE-SEET’19, MSR-Challenge’17, and VEM’17), and received one nomination to the best paper (ESEM’18).
- He received one distinguished reviewer award for SCAM’19.
- He served as a member of 50+ program committees for international and national conferences/journals.
- He gave 20+ talks about this research work at conferences, workshops, research groups, and meetups.
- He failed 60+ times to have a paper accepted or a grant funded.
- He wrote 40+ blog posts about the academic environment.
- He wrote a short ebook about good habits to foster in academia.
- He is supported by the CNPq research productivity grant since 2020.
Get in touch
- gpinto @ufpa.br
For urgent matters, send to both emails.
CCSL @ UFPA: ccsl.ufpa.br